“Never underestimate the importance of having fun!” – Randy Pausch
In 2010, I had a conversation with a friend who worked for a wedding venue. We talked for a few hours about traditional bridal shows and how they were or weren’t meeting the needs of modern couples. How do you create a social atmosphere full of fun and unique happenings while providing a great way to connect couples to awesome local wedding professionals? Well, good question. And we think we found the answer.
In May 2010, we did our first bridal show at the Temple Events Center called “Eco-Chic Wedding on a Budget”. It was a rousing success! Vendors and brides alike asked for more so we did four that year including:
- Eco-Chic Wedding on a Budget – at Temple Events Center in Denver
- Vintage vs Modern – at Artwork Network in the Santa Fe Art District, Denver
- The Triple Crown of Weddings(watch video) at The Ranch Country Club in Westminster
- Time for Cake(watch video) at Clock Tower Events in the historic Daniel’s & Fisher Clock Tower in downtown Denver
We kept the energy and creativity flowing in 2011 and it spurred some amazing things including a REAL wedding ceremony for a military couple in need, a limo tour and a few more intimate events where we could build better relationships with engaged couples.
- Love in Bloom(watch video) at Temple Events Center in Denver
- Ask the Wedding Experts – at Lola’s in Lohi (lower highlands)
- The Wedding Tour(watch video) A limo tour at Saddleback Golf Course and Chateaux at Fox Meadows in northern Denver
- 20 Questions Bride’s Need to Ask – at Simm’s Steakhouse in Golden
Then in 2012, we are planned some of the biggest, best bridal events Denver has ever seen. We started things off with a bang at Red Velvet – A Seductively Sweet Bridal Event at Villa Parker in Parker. Then in April, we hosted the first all Couture bridal show, Behold – A Couture Bridal Show , at the Walker Fine Art Gallery in Denver.
In January 2013, Wedding Wars made it’s debut at the City Hall Events Venue in Denver. Vendors from the city and the mountains came to create the best wedding design and earn your vote. April saw the return of the Couture Bridal Show at the unique Cable Center.
It has been a fun and exciting couple of years! In 2014, at Baldoria on the Water, we tackled another monstrously successful Wedding Wars Bridal Show (see the images from the show). Coming back in April, on the 11th, at the new Denver Post Events Venue, will be the Couture Bridal Show and on May 4 will be Indulgence, A Day for Brides and their Besties.
January 2015, Wedding Wars took over the brand new event venue in Parker, Vehicle Vault, for a classic car inspired spectacular. See the recap featured on COUTUREcolorado.
January 2016 saw Wedding Wars at another brand new venue, the Falls Event Center in Littleton. It focused on the 4 elements – Earth, Air, Fire, Water.
L Elizabeth Events is redefining the traditional bridal show experience. We look forward to changing your mind about bridal shows. Keep up to date with us on our bridal show Facebook page so you can be in the know.
Are you a wedding professional who would like more information? Contact us at email@example.com.